Chicken Little, a Grilled Cheese & Beer Recipe featuring Cheddar Cheese and Bacon
+ 2 slices whole wheat bread
+ 4 slices sharp cheddar cheese
+ 3 slices bacon
+ Light drizzle of honey mustard
+ Chicken salad, to taste
1. Grease one side of each slice of bread and place in a pan on medium heat, greased side down. Place the cheese on the bread so that all of the bread is covered.
2. Put the bacon on one slice of bread.
3. Drizzle the honey mustard over the cheese.
4. Once the cheese is melted, put the chicken salad onto the cheese. To make the chicken salad, combine boiled chicken, celery, three parts mayo, and one part honey, then season with salt and pepper.
5. Put both halves together and take a big ol’ bite.
Craft Beer Pairing
A nice malty Oktoberfest style beer will keep you from thinking the sky is falling. Spaten’s Oktoberfest is a safe bet, but Hofbräu is always solid.